Information and support for individuals diagnosed with Prediabetes or Diabetes in Buncombe, McDowell, and Madison county.
Let’s Do This Together!
ACT Now! Diabetes is a community campaign available in both English and Spanish speaking communities, to raise awareness about Prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes as well as providing education about prevention for at risk individuals in Buncombe, McDowell and Madison counties.
Website information is available to all interested individuals. Programming is available to anyone with Prediabetes or Type 2 Diabetes in our community. The vision of ACT Now! is to see a decline in the number of people with Prediabetes and Diabetes in our community by empowering at-risk individuals to make healthy lifestyle choices in order to improve their quality of life.
ACT Now! Services include:
- Outreach and Awareness Activities and Programs With Partners Including:
- Faith Communities
- Health Care Providers and Health Departments
- Food Banks
- Service Organizations
- Diabetes Prevention Program: This year-long innovative program combines selected topics discussed in a limited number of group workshops with individual coaching through scheduled phone calls.
- Cooking Matters: Part of the National Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign, helps families shop for and cook healthy meals on a budget.
- Diabetes Self-Management Training: This program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA), begins with a one-on-one consultation followed by five weekly group classes covering the information needed to manage Diabetes and make the right self-care decisions.
Call 828-213-3273 if you are interested in developing a partnership or event.
ACT Now! Diabetes is a community collaborative funded by the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust and supported by Mission Health.
Get Healthy Tips & Recipes
Sign up for our newsletter to receive helpful tips & recipes to keep your family healthy and fit.