ACT Now! provides information and support for people at risk for, or diagnosed with, Prediabetes or Diabetes in Buncombe, McDowell, and Madison counties. In addition, ACT Now! works with community members and community-based organizations to strengthen supports for local Diabetes awareness and prevention.
Let’s Do This Together!
ACT Now! Diabetes is a community campaign available in both English and Spanish, to raise awareness about Prediabetes and Type 2 Diabetes as well as providing education about prevention for at risk individuals in Buncombe, McDowell and Madison counties.
Website information is available to all interested individuals. Programming is available to anyone with Prediabetes or Type 2 Diabetes in our community. The vision of ACT Now! is to see a decline in the number of people with Prediabetes and Diabetes in our community by empowering at-risk individuals to make healthy lifestyle choices in order to improve their quality of life.
ACT Now! activities include:
- Outreach and Awareness Activities and Programs With Partners Including:
- Faith Communities
- Health Care Providers and Health Departments
- Food Banks
- Community Organizations
- Telephone Diabetes Prevention Program: This innovative program combines key learning and skill-building in a limited number of group workshops with individual coaching through scheduled phone calls for long-term lifestyle change.
- Cooking Matters: Part of the National Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign, this program helps families shop for and cook healthy meals on a budget.
- Diabetes Self-Management Training: This program, recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA), begins with a one-on-one consultation followed by five weekly group classes. It helps participants learn what they need to manage their Diabetes and make healthy self-care decisions.
Call 828-213-3273 if you are interested in developing a partnership or event.
ACT Now! Diabetes is a community collaborative funded by the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust and supported by Mission Health.
Get Healthy Tips & Recipes
Sign up for our newsletter to receive helpful tips & recipes to keep your family healthy and fit.