Diets for preventing or managing Diabetes can be affordable.
Cooking Matters empowers families with the skills to stretch their food budgets and cook healthy meals at home. These free grocery store tours are a great first step towards healthier living!
As part of the No Kid Hungry campaign to end childhood hunger in America, Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters teaches participants to shop smarter, use nutrition information to make healthier choices and cook delicious, affordable meals.
- Find healthiest options including whole grain foods
- Get the best value for fruits and vegetables
- Understand food labels
- Includes a booklet with healthy recipes and shopping tips
- $10 Gift Card Shopping Challenge
- Available in English and Spanish
- This program is partially funded by USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Program as part of SNAP-Ed, brought to you by Cooking Matters®.